The purpose of homework is to:
- build on the skill of working independently;
- consolidate concepts currently taught in the classroom;
- enhance the development of understanding, fluency and comprehension.
The opportunity to further develop these skills will increase the capacity to be a successful learner and a confident and creative individual.Expectations
Tips for Parents:
To assist in the setting up for success, suggestions are listed below:
- Set up a place that is quiet, clear and non-distracting.
- Set a time for homework that works well with the family’s schedule and when the parents/carers are free to support your child.
- Contact the teacher if your child is consistently having problems with the tasks or reluctant to complete homework.
Bed time is very important. It is recommended to stop the homework and reschedule it if it is affecting sleep time. Minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep is recommended for children 6 – 13 years.